The next step in developing our CERT Emergency Communications plan is the brainwriting challenge for team members.
How do we create a workable plan that allows the CERT team to communicate within the team, with local authorities and the community in an emergency
- How do we communicate with all CERT members (Ham and non-Ham) during a deployment?
- If we have an issue with one communication path how do we let everyone know that we need to switch to another method (maybe another channel, repeater, app or method all together)?
- How does the CERT team communicate with the community during a grid down situation?
- How does the CERT team communicate between members (HAM and non-HAM) during a grid down situation?
- What would a one way communication / “beacon” do and how could it be accessible by hams, non-hams and the general community in an emergency?
Communication between CERT and the community
Beacon / One Way Comms